At Croxteth Community Primary School our Leapfrog Room provides an environment of home like warmth, comfort and security, where children work on a curriculum tailored to their specific needs. It is based on the principles of Nurture where:
- Children’s learning is understood developmentally.
- The classroom offers a safe base for learning.
- The importance of nurture for the development of self esteem is recognised.
- Where language is a vital means of communication.
- All behaviour is recognised as communication.
- The importance of transition in children’s lives is understood.
In the Leapfrog Room, teaching and learning activities are designed to support the work that children are doing in their classroom, as well as offering opportunities to broaden experiences in a range of skills. Children who lack confidence in themselves or who may need extra help to settle, listen, concentrate, share or make friends, will work with staff who are trained to meet their needs; who will model positive relationships and encourage the development of language and communication skills.
Our Leapfrog Room door is always open and staff welcome visits from parents and carers. In partnership with you we can better understand your child’s needs; discuss their progress and celebrate their successes.